If you are looking for some fantastically fun Christmas Recipe ideas for you to make with or for the children’s christmas party (or that last minute request from the children’s school PTA to bring in cakes for the assembly you didn’t even realise was on Friday morning)… then this is the Christmas Recipe idea for you!
- 2 packs (16g) Fruit Bowl Strawberry Peelers
- 260g butter
- 110g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 110g self-raising flour
- 300g icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Edible eyes
- 24 pretzels
- 12 Christmas cupcake cases
Time needed: 40 minutes.
How to make Reindeer Cakes for your Christmas Recipe ideas: Have some family fun this Christmas with these fruit-ilicious recipes from Fruit Bowl that kids will love. Each of Fruit Bowl’s individually wrapped Fruit Bowl snacks also count as one of your 5 a day.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees/gas mark 4
- Beat 110g of the butter and all of the caster sugar together until fluffy
- Whisk in the eggs
- Add the flour until combined
- Place the cases in a cupcake tray
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the cases
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a skewer placed in the centre of each cake comes out clean
- Leave on a wire rack to cool
- Meanwhile, make the butter cream. Whisk the remaining butter until soft
- Add the icing sugar and cocoa powder and mix until smooth
- Once the cakes are cool, pipe the butter cream on top using a thick nozzle
- Chop each Fruit Bowl Strawberry Peeler into 6 so you have 12 pieces
- Push one of the Peeler pieces into the centre of the butter cream on each cake
- Take two pretzels and place on the top of the cupcake to make antlers
- Finally, place two of the edible eyes between the antlers and the peeler to create your Christmas reindeer!
Fruit Bowl products are available from major supermarkets and online. For more recipes with a fruity twist that kids will love visit: www.fruit-bowl.com